We’re all about keeping our babies stoked, happy and healthy - and sometimes they need a little extra lovin’. Baby massages help improve sleep patterns, constipation, teething discomforts, body awareness and create a special baby and mama bonding moment. It’s basically a magic massage, and we’re all for it.
What You’ll Need:
- Baby Bum Coconut Balm
- Comfy Towel or Blankie
- Set of Clean Jammies
- Your Lil’ One
- Optional: makeup brush for smoother application and extra pampering
When: After a bath, or whenever your baby is alert and isn’t too hangry or too too full
Where: A cozy little spot with a nice temp for your babe
- Squeeze a small amount of Coconut Balm into your hands.
- Very gently rub it into your baby's skin, starting with her legs.
- Work your way up her legs, lightly squeezing her calves and thighs.
- For your baby's chest and tummy, gently place both hands flat against the center of her body. Spread your hands to the sides, as if flattening the pages of a book.
- With your hands still flat, use your fingertips to stroke outward in small circles.
- For the face, take an extra little dollop of Coconut Balm and rub it in to your fingertips. Start on your baby’s forehead and gently push outward from the center*. Next, use your thumbs to draw a smile on your baby’s face starting with your index fingers under both cheeks and on the upper and lower lip. *Note from @christy_c_shu “The effleurage face massage technique (circular strokes with hands) that helps open up their airway passages, a massage technique loved by Korean women and beauty enthusiasts."
- Keep it up for as long as you and baby are enjoying it.
Tips from @christy_c_shu, the rad Mama who made this video: “The tapping technique I used towards the end of the video is my gentle baby version of the "slapping" massage technique used in spas that puts my baby in a trance - it also helps to ‘open up your face’ (aka the pores) so that your skincare absorbs better."
Get your Coconut Balm here.